Thursday, October 4, 2007

Save a tree when flying commuter airlines


If you fly on commuter, or feeder, airlines (e.g. Delta Connection, NW Airlink, United Express), you will notice that your carry on luggage will begin to carry a forest of planeside check tags. I decided to stop this waste of paper and laminated tags for those airlines which I frequently fly commuter. In addition to the tags, I also laminated the tear-off stub, so that I have proof that the bag is mine.
Most comments that I have received from airline personnel have been quite positive. Only on NWA was I warned that, without a destination on the tag, it was in danger of ending up at the checked luggage area, rather than planeside. So I carry a whiteboard marker and write the destination airport code on the label. As soon as I pick up my bag, a quick wipe with a finger clears the tag, ready for the next trip.

No comments: