Monday, September 3, 2007

Phone upgrade

After being dropped a few times in the last few weeks, my trusted Treo 650 finally gave up the ghost. After scouting around I was able to find a very good deal through my company with AT&T, and was able to upgrade to a Treo 750. This gives me 3G capabilites, with 3G+ coming soon.
It did however mean that I had to go over to the Dark Side, switching from the Palm OS that I have used now for many years, to a Windows Mobile machine. There is a learning curve involved, and I am having to find replacements for much of the software that I used. But the 3G surfing speeds are great and I have even found some things that this phone can do, which were not possible before.
And there are some fun things that it will do too, e.g. the ability to have phone calls and meeting reminders annouced in a human voice.Built-in Windows Messenger, so I can IM with my family while on the road.
The only real problem is the fact that I cannot use my data connection in Canada due to the huge expense. I guess I just have to wait until this project is over and I am back at work in the US.

No comments: