Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jinxed?

Recently my colleagues have started trying to avoid traveling with me, claiming that I am 'jinxed'. Over the last six weeks I have not had a trip (outward or home bound) that does not have at least one of the two segments delayed by some problem or other. Only a copule of cases have been weather either, most of them some kind of technical problems, or late arriving aircraft.

The reason that I decided to post something on this topic, is because I am sitting in the NWA Worldclub at MSP and have just found out that my flight home is delayed by 50 minutes (for now).

The annoying thing is that, because of ticket prices, I was on an earlier flight from Canada than normal. I have a planned 4 hour layover, but had hoped to make an earlier connection as standby. The connection time on that earlier flight is 25 minutes, too short to sell, but as I only have carry-on baggage I was hoping I might make it. The incoming flight to YWG was a little late, but the NW staff turned her around quickly and with the help of a tail wind, we arrived a couple of minutes early in MSP. I had cheked the gate number of the next flight while we taxied to the gate, so I new that I had 15 minutes to get to the next gate, before the normal 10 minute cutoff. In actual fact I arrived 11 minutes before the official departure time. To my surprise, no plane, not even one with a closed door! They must have left at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. So now I ended up with a 4 hour wait, which has just been lengthened by almost 25% :-((.

Jinx at play again?

No comments: