Sunday, June 3, 2007

Orlando Airport Cabs

Came home for the weekend, and due to delay on my connecting flight did not arrive at MCO until after 1 a.m. So instead of being collected by my wife, I took a cab home. Having learned by previous experience I always ask for a Mears cab at the taxi stand (Checker or Yellow). With other cab companies, I have found that the meter amount is not as consistent, but worse, when I try to pay by credit card it always seem to be a problem; they complain about surcharge, or cannot find their slips, or have to call it in. The latter is especially annoying at 2 a.m. when I am anxious to get to bed and it takes another 10 minutes of messing around.

The Mears cabs have an automated system, so they just swipe your card and then get the authorization through their wireless despatching system. They even print the signature slip and receipt right there for you.

No comments: